Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How old were you when you first shot a roll of sup

  1. #1
    Inactive Member miguelito's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I was around 12 years old when I shot my
    first roll with my dad's Kodak Instamatic.
    I've been hooked ever since.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was 8. The camera was an Argus I still have it and use t every now and again. I wasn't hooked but I sure as hell loved it.

    It wasn't until I was a freshman in college that I knew I was "Hooked".

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was 21
    The camera
    Kodak instamatic
    The camera broke when I pulled the trigger.
    Glad it wasnt my camera
    It was my friend's Dads.
    So started my filmmaking adventures.

    Sc0tt

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was 1996, I was 19.
    I bought a Sankyo XL-255 (or something)
    I costed me about 4 bucks.
    First roll of film: maybe 2/3 of it was totaly black.
    Second film few months later, outdoors: I forgot the lightning meter to manual: Very over exposed.
    Oh, and I didn't have a projector.
    When I finaly got one borrowed projector, I burned a hole to my film.
    But this didn't let me down, my third roll was a clay animation, and it went quite well (exepept when I tried to edit it, but that's another story)

    M

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First film in 4th grade..we did drawing om 16mm film set to music..I did a yo-yo going up and down to Donnie osmonds song.."like a yo-yo"..and won a mini academy award..made by the teacher(I still have it)...I was hooked..saved and bought my first super-8 camera(canon)..then became the kid filmaker from hell..
    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was about 1979. I was 8 and my brother and I shot a half a roll where I held a stryafoam plane and he filmed it as we went through the yard. Then we torched it and filmed that too, what fun!! The footage went unseen until 1998 when it was found hidden in a cabinet. THe camera was a Kodak M28 which I still have though it is dead now. We also use to chase the dog with the camera running cause he hated the sound it made. Maybe we should have named the dog "blimp".......

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ekoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i was 25. would you believe i had never shot super8 until AFTER filmschool? after shooting miles of 16mm? that really makes you appreciate the cost savings of super8. and the ease of the format.
    i went into filmschool with a background in still photography and i was pretty damn purist in my approach. i didn't have much interest in super8 because the surface area is soo small. but i realized that 'art is derived by it's limitations', and super8 is a perfect example of this statement.
    also, filmschool left me poor. i used to sell blood to pay for film and processing.
    i was given the ultimatum of shooting super8 or video. that's when i fell in love with this damn format.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was about 12. My friend Rory had a B&H...can't recall the exact model. We shot a stop-motion G.I. Joe vs. the Blob film. The Blob was made out of play-doh. Only we didn't have enough play-doh so the blob was about the size of a golf ball. Still he was able to smother the G.I. Joes' faces quite effectively. After two weeks of filming Rory and I had "creative differences" over where the story was going and we stopped talking to each other for over a year!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member David17's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was seventeen when I shot my first roll of Super8 film during a holiday in Norway in 2000. The results where very nice and since then I have shot around 25 rolls on Super8. The last time I filmed on Super8 was during a school trip to a French monestry, Taiz?. I will project the result at school.

    David

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jon P's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Earlier this year just before my 33rd birthday. Do I get a prize for being the oldest convert to the format?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •